Pendlebury Methodist Church
Ceased to meet
Where Bolton Road, Pendlebury, Swinton, Manchester, M27 8FL
A Brief History
The red brick building on Bolton Road was originally know as 'Victoria Wesleyan Methodist Church'. It was built between 1901 and 1903, replacing a smaller chapel in Moss Lane (which dated from 1850).
In the early part of the 20th Century there were four other Methodist Churches in Pendlebury - Ellesmere Street (Wesleyan), Happy Lane (United), Bethal (Primitive) and Wesley (Wesleyan). All these have closed, and Victoria was simply known as Pendlebury Methodist Church. The main Chapel could seat 500 people.
Regrettably, the Church has since cease to meet and the building has been demolished.